SNM provides breathable air contained in a cylinder through a
pneumatic system which adjusts quantity and pressure of air so to
make all parametres suitable for breathing.
• The cylinder contains 600 litres, which under normal conditions of
use are enough to grant about 15 minute duration.
• However, this value is indicative, because it can be significantly in–
fluenced by numerous parameters such as: the effort exerted du–
ring the escape, the user’s size and his own stress condition.
• The pressure reduction is fulfilled in the pneumatic circuit thanks
to the presence of two elements called first stage, or pressure re–
ducer, and second stage or demand valve.
• In SNM the first stage is built in the cylinder valve so that the first
stage and the valve are one object only. This solution provides a lot
of benefits as to simplicity and lightness.
• The device is activated by turning the valve knob. The handle has a
loose ring that prevents accidental openings or closings.
• As required by the norm, there is a seal that shows whether the
device is intact with its entire reserve of air.
• The pressure reducer is also equipped with a pressure gauge that
provides information on the cylinder charge (the needle must be
within the green field).
• The air coming from the cylinder through the valve meets the first
stage, thereby reducing its pressure until the value of “medium
pressure” and then reaches the second stage, where flow and pres–
sure are reduced to such a point that air is finally ready to enter
into the mask through the demand valve. The demand valve and
the mask always remain within a slight positive pressure that pre–
vents the entry of polluted air from outside.
• The whole apparatus is supported and protected by an appropriate
bag with a strap and belt with a pocket to house the mask with the
demand valve (second stage) before use.
• EN 402 and ISO 23269-1 – Lung governed demand selfcontained
• open-circuit compressed air breathing apparatus with full face
mask or mouthpiece assembly for escape.
• EC Certified according to 2014/90/UE MED Directive
• EC Certified according to Article 10 of 89/686/EEC PPE Directive
• EC Certified according to 2014/68/UE PED Directive
• Escape device;
• Airline back-up device through SWOV automatic switch over valve.